God wants to use you to make a difference.
At FBW we value contributing together to meet needs. We also believe that God has gifted everyone to serve others.
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. - 1 Peter 4:10
If you're interested in taking the next step in serving we'd love to help you find a spot that fits your gifting. Check out the opportunities below for more info.
Worship Sound Tech (WST)
The Worship Sound Tech is responsible for producing the best possible atmosphere for worship through sound reinforcement. This includes, but is not limited to, creating the best music mix possible, creating an audio mix that meets the mood the pastor/worship leader wants to convey, and supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the church service. Ultimately, glorify God through providing excellent audio services.
Serving Relationships – The WST reports to the Director of Worship and works directly with the Senior Pastor.
Serving Responsibilities – 10 Hours per Week • Tech Production –
Mid-week Rehearsal - 40% (4 Hours)
- Meet with the Director of Worship weekly to support the worship service.
- Set up stage for musicians or with musicians.
- Perform proper line check.
- Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and the eq/mixing process.
- Check with Director of Worship and Senior Pastor for any schedule changes.
Sunday Rehearsal/Worship Service –50% (5 Hours)
- Responsible for adjusting sound levels during rehearsal and the service as needed. Responsible for following worship leader’s direction and musician’s direction during services. For example, boosting monitor levels.
- Responsible for recording the service.
- Responsible for following stage and schedule cues.
- Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
Post-service –10% (1 Hour)
- Talk with the band to find out if issues existed for them during the service.
- Note any broken/faulty equipment and take it out of service if possible.
- Clear stage of equipment as needed.
For more information on serving as a worship sound tech please contact Carol Novak.
Phone: 630-665-0330 ext-233